📆 What's new in Here Be Taverns.
2.4.0 - Encounters generator
July 29, 2021
- Encounters generator with descriptions, secrets, traps, and monsters.
- Includes tons of ideas for combat and non-combat encounters.
- Encounters contain almost every other generator on the website, including monsters, traps, items, NPCs, and many more. You can view the full details with a single click using the new 'Details' UI.
- Includes classic 'Wandering Monster Group' type encounters.
- Higher Threat levels display harder monsters so encounters scale up accordingly.
- Higher Threat encounters with humanoids may throw in an extra magic item to make the opponents more challenging.
- Introducing the 'Details' UI: You can now view the full details of many generators in a much nicer interface with a single click. Complex generators like Encounters include nested navigation so you can step through the details easily.
- You can now peek into every building in a Town using the new 'Details' UI.
- Many of the Monsters now have more accurate locales and will work better with that filter.
- A new free Traps generator has been added to support Encounters.
- Includes a name, brief description and effect.
- Categorized by crafting level to give you a rough idea of how hard it might be to detect and disarm.
- Higher level traps have nastier effects.
- Some small bug fixes and typo corrections.
2.3.0 - Monsters generator
July 8, 2021
- Monsters generator with D&D 5e compatible monsters and flavourful system-agnostic monsters.
- 5E monsters include statblocks from the WOTC SRD, as well as Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex by Kobold Press.
- System-agnostic monsters include names, powers, weakness/strength, insanity, and threat level. Includes some cool ideas from Maze Rats by Ben Milton.
- Minor UI improvements.
2.2.0 - Towns generator
June 17, 2021
- Towns generator with: Town name, map, list of buildings with names and descriptions, nearby landmark, and town description with history, rumours, culture, weather, flora/fauna.
- Town maps by Watabou with color palette for each locale.
- Buildings generator with: Building names, category and locale filter, building description, and characters with appropriate professions.
- Characters now have a small chance to generate a Shakespearean insult. "Thou errant beef-witted minimus!"
- More content added:
- 100s more character names
- More character professions
- More nouns for tavern/building names
- Shakespearean insults
- Uncountable number of things to generate town and building descriptions.
- Potions and Mundane items now have their own URLs so they are easier to bookmark and navigate with browser.
- The "Changes" page you are reading now.
2.1.1 - Newsletter sign up and bugfixes
June 10, 2021
- Ability to join Sword & Source newsletter when creating an account.
- Improvements to chart zooming on Factions chart.
- Fixed a bug with magic item images when first loading the page.
2.1.0 - Factions generator and HBT Premium Pass
May 7, 2021
- Factions generator with: Faction name, heraldry, organizational chart, members and leaders, mission, methods, and operations.
- Introduction of Here Be Taverns Premium: A paid upgrade that provides access to the Factions generator and future premium generators.
- Introduction of user signup in order to fulfill Here Be Taverns Premium purchases.
- Taverns now generate rumours. "Did you hear about the three-handed fence at the docks?"
- More content added:
- 200 more Plot Hooks added.
- 100 more menu items added.
- 200 more assorted items added.
- More magic items added from The Griffon's Saddlebag.
- Performance improvements for a faster app and better mobile experience.
- Assorted bug fixes and spelling corrections.
2.0.2 - Collection backups
January 25, 2021
- Don't delete user collections when the collection page throws an error. Store the data in a backup so they can retrieve it if needed.
- Add more character names.
2.0.1 - Less Repetition
January 25, 2021
- Avoid repetition of obvious properties, such as: tavern descriptions, menu items, character quirks, item names, plot hook names, landmark names.
2.0 - New Website Launched!
January 23, 2021
- Launch of the new Here Be Taverns website
- Five free generators: Taverns, Characters, Items, Plot Hooks, and Landmarks.
- "Nested generators" that appear in modals for quick reference. For example you can see the characters in a tavern.
- Ability to save to a collection in local browser storage so you don't lose stuff when re-rolling.
- Creative content from RPG creators including: The Griffon's Saddlebag, 2-Minute Tabletop, Watabou, Icarus Games, LoreCraft Adventures, and DM Heroes.