📆 What's new in Here Be Taverns.
2.5.0 - Collection syncing
- Collections are now synced to the server. You can still add and remove anything while signed out. When you sign in, the collection will be synced and you will be able to see it on other devices.
- 50 new encounters added.
- Encounters have a few more subgenerators to support new content.
2.4.0 - Encounters generator
July 29, 2021
- Encounters generator with descriptions, secrets, traps, and monsters.
- Includes tons of ideas for combat and non-combat encounters.
- Encounters contain almost every other generator on the website, including monsters, traps, items, NPCs, and many more. You can view the full details with a single click using the new 'Details' UI.
- Includes classic 'Wandering Monster Group' type encounters.
- Higher Threat levels display harder monsters so encounters scale up accordingly.
- Higher Threat encounters with humanoids may throw in an extra magic item to make the opponents more challenging.
- Introducing the 'Details' UI: You can now view the full details of many generators in a much nicer interface with a single click. Complex generators like Encounters include nested navigation so you can step through the details easily.
- You can now peek into every building in a Town using the new 'Details' UI.
- Many of the Monsters now have more accurate locales and will work better with that filter.
- A new free Traps generator has been added to support Encounters.
- Includes a name, brief description and effect.
- Categorized by crafting level to give you a rough idea of how hard it might be to detect and disarm.
- Higher level traps have nastier effects.
- Some small bug fixes and typo corrections.
2.3.0 - Monsters generator
July 8, 2021
- Monsters generator with D&D 5e compatible monsters and flavourful system-agnostic monsters.
- 5E monsters include statblocks from the WOTC SRD, as well as Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex by Kobold Press.
- System-agnostic monsters include names, powers, weakness/strength, insanity, and threat level. Includes some cool ideas from Maze Rats by Ben Milton.
- Minor UI improvements.
2.2.0 - Towns generator
June 17, 2021
- Towns generator with: Town name, map, list of buildings with names and descriptions, nearby landmark, and town description with history, rumours, culture, weather, flora/fauna.
- Town maps by Watabou with color palette for each locale.
- Buildings generator with: Building names, category and locale filter, building description, and characters with appropriate professions.
- Characters now have a small chance to generate a Shakespearean insult. "Thou errant beef-witted minimus!"
- More content added:
- 100s more character names
- More character professions
- More nouns for tavern/building names
- Shakespearean insults
- Uncountable number of things to generate town and building descriptions.
- Potions and Mundane items now have their own URLs so they are easier to bookmark and navigate with browser.
- The "Changes" page you are reading now.
2.1.1 - Newsletter sign up and bugfixes
June 10, 2021
- Ability to join Sword & Source newsletter when creating an account.
- Improvements to chart zooming on Factions chart.
- Fixed a bug with magic item images when first loading the page.
2.1.0 - Factions generator and HBT Premium Pass
May 7, 2021
- Factions generator with: Faction name, heraldry, organizational chart, members and leaders, mission, methods, and operations.
- Introduction of Here Be Taverns Premium: A paid upgrade that provides access to the Factions generator and future premium generators.
- Introduction of user signup in order to fulfill Here Be Taverns Premium purchases.
- Taverns now generate rumours. "Did you hear about the three-handed fence at the docks?"
- More content added:
- 200 more Plot Hooks added.
- 100 more menu items added.
- 200 more assorted items added.
- More magic items added from The Griffon's Saddlebag.
- Performance improvements for a faster app and better mobile experience.
- Assorted bug fixes and spelling corrections.
2.0.2 - Collection backups
January 25, 2021
- Don't delete user collections when the collection page throws an error. Store the data in a backup so they can retrieve it if needed.
- Add more character names.
2.0.1 - Less Repetition
January 25, 2021
- Avoid repetition of obvious properties, such as: tavern descriptions, menu items, character quirks, item names, plot hook names, landmark names.
2.0 - New Website Launched!
January 23, 2021
- Launch of the new Here Be Taverns website
- Five free generators: Taverns, Characters, Items, Plot Hooks, and Landmarks.
- "Nested generators" that appear in modals for quick reference. For example you can see the characters in a tavern.
- Ability to save to a collection in local browser storage so you don't lose stuff when re-rolling.
- Creative content from RPG creators including: The Griffon's Saddlebag, 2-Minute Tabletop, Watabou, Icarus Games, LoreCraft Adventures, and DM Heroes.